According to Cancer Research UK, 4 in 10 cancer cases can be prevented, largely through lifestyle changes. It will help to lower your risk of cancer if you:
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stay physically active
- Drink less alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Protect your skin from sun damage
- Know your body
There are many types of carbohydrate found in foods, which can be eaten as part of your diet.
Typically, carbohydrates can be divided into the following categories:
- simple/free sugars (jam, sweets, fruit juice)
- complex/starchy carbohydrates (bread, rice, potato).
At V-Healthy our mission is to help you to max out your motivation to achieve your health & fitness goals by giving you fun and friendly classes and the latest tools to track and analyse your diet and exercise.